My Acne Journey
- Make sure that all of your make up is removed properly before you go to sleep (Micellar Water is great for this)
- Try to give your skin a break from make up at least 2 days a week.
- If you find that silicone based primers break you out, avoid them.
- Make sure you moisturise your skin with an oil free moisturiser - it's still important that your skin is hydrated.
- Make sure you deep clean your make up brushes and beauty sponges regularly.
- Anti-bac your phone regularly; you hold your phone against your face when calling people and you don't want to spread bacteria on your face. Studies have shown mobile phones can carry as much bacteria as public toilets.
- Try to touch your face as little as possible throughout the day and do not pick or squeeze blemishes! It can leaves scars or it can spread the bacteria.
- Try to eat healthily, avoid alcohol and sugary foods and drink lots of water.