My Everyday Skincare Routine

My skin is combination - it's normal on my cheeks and I get oily on my t-zone throughout the day. I get the odd blemish and have some left over scarring on my cheeks from relatively bad acne when I was younger. I struggled with acne for around 6 years and tried a hell of a lot of products, as well as prescribed medications to clear my skin up. Now, I am not on any medication for my acne but the products I use and my daily routine keep it under control.

I do vary some of the products I use on a daily basis, but these are my top products that I will continue to repurchase and are tried and tested. I use the same routine daily. 

Morning Routine: 
- The first thing I do to my skin in the morning is take my Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.99) and use this on a cotton wool pad to remove any oils or dirt on my face from the night. I've tried a load of micellar waters and the Garnier Pure Active is definitely my favourite. 
- Then I take my Body Shop Seaweed Oil Balancing Toner (£7.50) and again, apply this with a cotton wool pad to keep any oils at bay throughout the day and this product makes my skin feel fresh and awake (unlike me at this point in the day..) 
- Next I use my Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser (£3.25), again on a cotton wool pad. This product is great because it is oil free and contains Salicylic Acid which my skin loves. I wait for my moisturiser to sink in for a few minutes before I apply the next step. 
- I also use my Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream (£22.00) most mornings (I skip this if I am in a rush!) which really gets rid of dark circles and puffiness. 
- Finally, I use my Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser Primer (£9.00), I apply this with a brush and then smooth it into the skin with my hands and I allow this to sink in for a few minutes before applying my foundation. 

Evening Routine: 
- In the evening, the first step I do is to take the majority of my make up off with No7 Beautiful Skin Quick Thinking Wipes (£7.00). I use these because the foundation I wear is so ridiculously long wearing, it's really hard to get off! These wipes are very strong compared to many other wipes and they don't dry out my skin.
- After I've got the bulk of my make up off, I go back in with the Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.99) on a cotton wool pad until all of the remains of my foundation is off. 

This is where my routine changes throughout the week, I do one of the following: 

1) Face Mask - Every other day, I use a face mask for around an hour, which is I change up each time depending on what my skin is needing (i.e. lots of breakouts or feeling dry). My favourites are listed and reviewed on this blog: Absolute Favourite Face Masks
2) Face Scrub - Once a week, instead of using a face mask, I will use my Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Charcoal Facial Scrub (£4.69) to exfoliate my skin and leave it feeling super soft. 
3) Face Wash - On the days I am not using my face scrub or a face mask, I use my Dermalogica Clear Start Foaming Face Wash (£13.00) 

- After I've done one of the above, I spray my Dermalogica Clear Start All Over Toner (£13.00) all over my face and allow it to sink in. 
- Then I apply an overnight treatment - my go to treatment at the moment is the new Superdrug Deep Action Anti-Blemish Overnight Serum (£2.69). 
- Finally, if I have any blemishes on my face, I apply the Dermalogica Clear Start Emergency Spot Fix (£13.00) or another spot treatment. 


Here's a list of the other products I swap in on a regular basis. 
    - The Body Shop Tea Tree Night Lotion - £10.00 
    - The Body Shop Seaweed Oil Control Overnight Gel - £14.00 
    - Dermalogica Clear Start Overnight Treatment - £13.00 
    - Yes To Grapefruit Pore Perfection Night Treatment - £12.99 
    - Dermalogica Clear Start Matte Moisturiser - £16.00
    - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water - £20.00 
    - L'Oreal Infallible Primer Matte Base - £7.99 
    - Avon Clearskin Emergency Instant Spot Treatment - £4.50 
    - Boots 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil - £7.99
    - Superdrug Tea Tree Moisturising Face Cream - £3.29
    - Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Exfoliating Pads - £4.99
    - T-Zone Charcoal Nose Pore Strips - £1.99

I hope this has been helpful or has at least given you some ideas. This blog post is not sponsored. 

Sarah (aka. Pale Princess) x
   

Comments